Sorry for the dead silence. I’ve been working on a few different projects.
Recently I’ve written for the fantastic horror website bloody-disgusting.com. If that sounds like your jam, feel free to check out my shit here. Horror fiction is my other passion and it’s been a blast working with those guys. I have a few in the can with them that should be published soon.
Also, I have just been hired as a list-writer for CBR.com. My first list just dropped today. I feel like this is doubly important, what with it being about comic books.
As far as comic stuff. Here are some comic book related updates:
- So I’ve been on a HUGE Batman kick. I’ve been going through Grant Morrison’s run and even though it’s completely fucking bonkers, it might be my favorite next to Scott Snyder’s (sorry, you can’t touch that dude’s batman). Right now, I’m chewing through Kevin Smith’s mini-series. More on that later.
- Dark Knight Metal is fucking bananas. I’ve read both preludes and the first two issues, but none of the one shots. I’m not 100% sold on it so far, but Snyder is great, so I’ll stick with it.
- So the mysterious Mr. Oz is actually…drum roll…REDACTED, which is kinda dumb. Look, I haven’t read the issue in which it was revealed, but I really wanted it to be Ozymandias. With The Watchmen Universe being meshed with the main DC continuity, it felt like a perfect entry point. But what the fuck do I know?
- I liked Logan. I didn’t love it like the rest of the world, but it was the best Wolverine solo movie (I know, not a very high bar), but I had some issues with it.
- Guardians of the Galaxy 2 on the other hand was super fun and probably better than the first one.
- Wonder Woman ruled, but I do not have high hopes for Justice League. I want it to be good so bad, but I just don’t know.
- Warner Bros. wants to make a Flashpoint live action film. Sure. Fuck it. Why not?
- I read through all of Rick Remender’s Uncanny X-Force run while I was in the hospital after my son was born. It is amazing and it help me keep sane.
- On a related note: the Marvel Unlimited app is awesome.
- So I’m still working on a five page comic project. It’s been very slow coming. I’ve taken it upon myself to do the coloring and the lettering, both of which are a pain in the ass if you have no idea what you’re doing. I have one page left for colors and then it’s on to letters. The comic was written by me and drawn by the very talented Donal DeLay.
That’s about it for now. I do have some Batman pieces coming up that I’m working on. Hopefully this will get updated more. I do appreciate anyone who reads it and enjoys my work.
P.S. Here’s a random panel that makes me smile.
(C) Marvel Comics or whatever…